Sunday, August 19, 2012

Welcome!

Tomorrow begins the first day of the 2012-2013 school year--the first day of high school for most of you in English I.

I look forward to meeting you and getting started. We will begin with short stories. Bring your big green literature book to class. I will let you know when you need to bring the other texts. If you don't have your book yet, you will get by with out it, but it will be better for you to have it. Consider borrowing a classmate's from another section.

As I pray for our first day together, I'm remembering Jeremiah 29:11:

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'"


I'm also claiming the promise of my favorite text, Philippians 1:6:

"Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."


Welcome, again, to the high school of Loma Linda Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment